I’ve added & omitted some ingredients and changed quantities of others to come up with something that fires my tastebuds when I’m looking for something savory.
Eat these like chips as a snack, or take the leftover crunchies & sprinkle over salad for a flavorful crispiness. Enjoy!
DEBBIE’S PIZZA KALE CHIPS
• 1 bunch kale, chopped into very large pieces (they will shrink when dehydrated)
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
• 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• 1/4 cup soaked sunflower seeds (soak for 2 hours & drain water before adding)
• 1/4 cup cashews
• 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
• 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients (except for the chopped kale) until smooth & creamy in your high-speed blender.
2. Place freshly cleaned kale into a large bowl and add the freshly made pizza sauce. Gently massage the sauce into the kale, being careful not to break the delicate leaves. (Big pieces dry into perfectly sized kale bites).
3. Bake the chips in the oven at 300°F on a greased baking sheet for 15 minutes. Flip the chips and bake for 5 more minutes or until desired crispness is reached. You can also make the chips 100% RAW by arranging them in a dehydrator and dehydrating on low for 8 hours or until desired crispness is reached.
Many people prefer these to be very crisp, but I like mine with just a little bit of chewiness to them. Experiment with timing to find the perfect texture & crispness for you!